When people hear what we do for a living, they cannot help but ask us our advice. That’s OK; we like to help. The most common question we get asked is, “How often should I have my carpets cleaned?” Do you want to know what our answer is? We thought you would.
Our answer is, “it depends.” We know, we know…not the answer you were hoping for, but the fact is, there are many variables to consider. Here are several factors to consider:
1. Do you wear shoes in your house? When you wear shoes in your house, you are tracking in the dirt and germs of the outside world. Gross, right? Imagine how your baby or pet feels; spending most of their time on the floors.
2. Do you have children or pets? While we are on that subject, we should discuss our favorite mess-makers. Whether they are tracking in dirt and mud from outside, spilling or slobbering, our smaller family members can wreak havoc on our carpets.
3. Do you have allergies? Allergens hide in the fibers of our carpet and can irritate our sinuses. I’m not sure what you have heard, but dust bunnies are not cute.
4. Do you have builder-grade carpet in your home? So you were trying to keep things cheap and decided to go with the value flooring. We get it…you can always upgrade later. But if you never have the extra money and later turns into never, than you are stuck with that lower-quality carpet. The good news is that you can stave off the wear on your carpet with regular professional carpet cleaning.
5. Do you use a protectant on your carpet? When you get carpet installed, they will usually hit you up to purchase the protectant spray. Many customers just look at this as an upsell and quickly dismiss it, but it actually is an easy step in getting the most out of your carpet. Even if you did pass on it the first time around, we offer this service as a preventative measure.
6. Do you use the room every day? This may seem like a silly question. But, do you have rooms in your house that you don’t even walk in on a regular basis? Maybe a formal living room? Maybe a guest bedroom? A formal dining room? Then of course these carpets see less traffic, which in turn mean less dirt and wear.
So you can see why we say frequency of carpet cleaning “depends.” There are several variables involved. A good rule of thumb is to have your carpets professionally cleaned at least once a year to ensure their longevity. In some of the cases above, you may choose to have us out more than once a year. Carpet is an expensive investment so it makes sense to get the most out of it by taking the best care possible.
Have us out to freshen your carpets, lift up those stains and put life back into your carpets. Give us a call today to find out our current specials 440-785-1545